Public Relations Coordinator, Paramount
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from ViacomCBS, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream ViacomCBS Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount has an exciting opportunity for a PR Coordinator to join the growing Communications team! The role, based in New York, will support the Paramount team and be involved with a wide variety of PR projects and responsibilities across the communications function.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, this role will support the Paramount publicity team across a wide range of responsibilities including coverage tracking, booking talent travel and logistics, handling press screeners, and supporting the VP of Communications on travel and expenses. This role will also work closely with the team to assist in the development and implementation of series press strategies/campaigns and a variety of internal teams across all Paramount departments.
• Assist in preparing all necessary research for building strategies/campaigns for upcoming and current series
• Manage press screener delivery and press account subscriptions
• Monitor and compile press reports
• Book talent travel, including air, ground, and lodging (when in-person events resume)
• Update and maintain media lists and press contact information
• Help as needed at events such as press junkets and press screenings (when in-person events resume)
• Ensure vendor invoices and department finances are paid in a timely matter
• Support the VP, Communications as needed with travel and expenses
• Help build and distribute press releases, programming notes, and media alerts
• 2 years related experience in Public Relations or Marketing required
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have good oral and written communication skills
• Be able to multi-task and pivot at a moment's notice; good problem solver
• Must be very organized with great attention to detail; able to work within tight deadlines
• Team player with a get it done attitude