Cloud Post Production Engineer
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and system security. You will work and collaborate closely with other engineering teams across the company who will provide subject matter expertise, including Media Maintenance, Cloud Engineering, and IT.
• Provide Tier 1 support to creative and technical end-users in a cloud-based editorial and creative content production environment.
• Be proactive in system monitoring to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure performance and availability.
• Contribute to projects that define, design and implement the next generation of infrastructure.
• Identify key system monitoring metrics and maintain logging and monitoring systems to generate alerts when system issues are detected.
• Author technical documentation on applications and systems.
• Develop and maintain Linux shell/PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive system administration tasks.
• Extensive experience and understanding of the post production process.
• Experience supporting Avid Media Composer, Avid NEXIS, Avid InterPlay, and MediaCentral Cloud UX.
• Experience deploying complex systems in the public cloud.
• Experience with cloud back-end/server infrastructure and virtual desktop/workstation infrastructure (VDI).
• Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution.
• Advanced technical knowledge of Avid software (ACSR preferred).
• Understanding of industry video and audio format standards such as: 1080i, 1080p, 4K, HDR, colorspace, timecode, framerate, codec, PCM, 5.1, and Atmos.
• AWS & Azure cloud certifications highly preferred.
• Familiar with Infrastructure as Code (Iac): Terraform, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, or similar toolset.
• Knowledge of how to produce actionable data from Zabbix or other operational intelligence/monitoring tools (Splunk, Sumo Logic, New Relic, or similar).
• Knowledge of current cybersecurity standards and best practices.
• Be adaptable, expect change, and keep skills and mindset current.
• Position is union IBEW.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.