Supervising Producer, Ask Me Another
NPRNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Ask Me Another is NPR’s popular pop culture game show. It’s the answer to life’s funnier questions, featuring nerdy quizzes celebrity guests, and a live audience. The show is a popular podcast and is heard on more than 370 public radio stations each week. It’s also a lot of fun. We have a unique opportunity for a smart, funny, interesting person to lead the show. You need to have a critical ear, a funny bone, and a talent for working with a diverse group of creative individuals. This job is based in New York City.
• Supervise all elements of show production, including writing, editing, producing, and booking
• Execute and evolve the vision for the show
• Supervise the Ask Me Another staff
• Oversee and manage the show’s budget
• With the team, plan for and execute all live shows
• Run meetings, make assignments and set deadlines
• Establish a structured environment for creative work
• Ensure editorial, production, and technical quality of all products
• Supervise outside contributors and maintain relationships with external organizations
• Help promote Ask Me Another
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Seven years’ experience as an audio producer
• Minimum three years’ experience generating creative, entertaining, funny content
• Demonstrated experience working with and managing a highly creative and driven team.
• Strong organizational skills. Experience in creating and overseeing successful production flow and systems.
• Expertise in writing and editing for audio production.
• Experience running live events, and turning those events into compelling audio content.
• Strong oral communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to successfully manage budgets and plan strategically for the growth of a show.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies at NPR and within the public radio system.
• Experience navigating the public radio station community.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to-U hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.