Station Support Associate, Grove
Full Time Job
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The station support team supports a suite of products and services managed at NPR and designed to help amplify the digital presence of stations nationwide. We value integrity, humor, and a love of learning, and we approach our work with trust, respect, and a professional commitment to meet the challenges of our shared business needs.
As the Station Support Associate for Grove, you will assist with all phases in the process for stations as they migrate their site to Grove, the new public media CMS Platform. This includes site build out, content migration review, and technical support.
You will be part of a team that builds and sustains cooperative and consultative relationships between NPR and public broadcasting entities, particularly radio and television station interactive media teams, to ensure their successful migration to, and adoption of, Grove.
This position is an NPR Full-Time Temporary position with an end date of September 30, 2022.
Essential duties include:
• Thoroughly learn, use and understand the technical details of the Grove CMS platform, as well as any of the related software products and services provided by NPR to stations and other public media entities, to ensure successful site migration and adoption.
• Provide assistance and technical support for Grove and related products and services, primarily via Salesforce/Studio case management system, phone, and digital channels. Resolve help and support issues via timely, courteous communication and responsive follow through.
• Prioritize number issues of varying severity, and resolve issues within accepted service levels. Communicate with internal staff from development, product, sysadmins and design as needed to solve problems.
• On a rotating basis, participate in after hours escalation of emergency support to vendors or product owners.
• Set Up: Assist with or manage the setup and roll out process new to move multiple station sites from their legacy systems to Grove. Track progress; help stations configure services, answer questions.
• Documentation and Knowledge Base Maintenance: Making ongoing updates to the support center and updating and adding new articles to the knowledge base to ensure a high-quality self-service support experience. Write guides, FAQs and other training materials specific to Grove and any related services.
• Collect feedback from clients to inform product/service upgrades and new product/service development. Track issues, identify trends and communicate those with peers and management.
• Via personal contact, develop and maintain productive relationships with stations to help maximize the value of Grove and its integration with other NPR products and services.
• Provide support for members of the NPR Member Partnership team as needed to increase stations’ understanding of how Grove and related NPR products will meet their needs. For example, through technical sales demos, Q&As. Work on special projects as needed.
• Internal Communication: Provide status updates and communicate with internal stakeholders. Share best practices information internally as appropriate and contribute to the knowledge-base.
• Keep up with trends in the field; maintain industry contacts.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Ability: 2-4 years of online or software experience, such as building websites, supporting online services, web or software project management, or technical writing.
The Station Support Associate for Grove will bring the following skills and characteristics to the position:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence are key character traits, as is a strong customer service orientation
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required.
• Proactive, self-starter with the ability to manage and balance multiple tasks; ability to work effectively under high pressure.
• Understanding of and appreciation for the public media broadcasting industry is a plus.
• Experience working with the following is a plus:
• Intermedia HTML and CSS knowledge is a plus.
• Content management systems (CMS)
• Data analytics, such as Google Analytics
• Salesforce.com or similar CRM
• Support ticket systems, such as Desk or Salesforce
• Previous technical (internet/software) teaching or training experience is preferred.
All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive place to work that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.