Product Designer, Studio Xd - Production Management
NetflixLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 200 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
At the center of every single title that launches on the service is a huge effort across multiple teams to curate and deliver the best representation of that title from the artwork to the synopsis.
The Studio XD team designs a suite of products to improve the operations behind taking a title live, while building the world's deepest catalog of information about tv shows and movies. As part of the Studio XD Design Team you will use the power of design to help the world's largest studio source, manage, produce, and deliver incredible content to members all around the world.
About the Studio XD team
We are the newest and fastest-growing design team at Netflix.
We design the technologies that power how Netflix sources and produces all our content. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial. Each of us has a broad set of Product Design skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication. We work in close collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Consumer Insights partners to build groundbreaking innovations for the people inside and outside of our Studio.
The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process.
About the role
The Production Management product team owns the central piece of the studio where shows around the world are planned, coordinated, and produced for Netflix. As the world's largest studio, the challenge is big and exciting along with the potential for impact.
As a Product Designer on the team, you will be closely collaborating with product managers, researchers, data scientists, engineers, and studio partners to take on complex workflows with interdependencies in the Production Management space that link across the entire studio. You'll find innovative ways to help technology enhance the powerful leaders running the studio; making more space for quick decisions, clear communication, and creative risk taking.
Our goal is to help improve how the studio manages production crews around the world to bring shows that you love to life.
• Collaborate with product, data science, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies for existing production management products and new initiatives.
• Work with data science, studio partners, and consumer insights teams to gain a deep understanding of users and their needs.
• Advocate for the user and create a holistic UX vision that inspires the wider Production Management team to push beyond the status quo.
• Bring multiple stakeholders along the journey while you solve their most challenging problems for the business.
• Assess complex workflows and create simple, intuitive, and scalable product experiences that improve our ability to manage global productions.
• 8 years of Product Design experience designing a mix of consumer and enterprise products.
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams.
• Ability to rapidly ideate, produce, and test multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes.
• Expertise in working directly with partners to make progress on priorities.
• Skills in communicating your concepts and promoting their potential positive impact.
• Experience working in fast-paced, continuous delivery environments.
• A willingness to fail, learn, and share your findings with your colleagues.
• Ego-free and earnest-you welcome candid feedback and constructively give it.
• Passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling.
• Global product experience
• Scaling products for international reach - LATAM, APAC