Manager, Content Acquisition, Anime
This was removed by the employer on 12/15/2020 5:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Content Acquisition, Anime jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Manager, Content Acquisition, Anime postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Content Acquisition, Anime? We are seeking an experienced and passionate Manager, who will be a key member of the team, working closely with our Anime Creative team and providing the team with business expertise to bring both original and licensed content to life. The Manager will work very closely with major studios, networks, local production companies, and independent producers/distributors for anime content in Japan. S/he will report to the Manager of Content Acquisition, providing critical support in deal negotiation, execution, and management.
The candidate will require strong critical thinking skills that allow for intense attention to detail as well as the ability to see the big picture. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese is also important as s/he will be called upon to lead meetings and give presentations to all levels of the organization as well as negotiate deals and manage external relationships with key partners. The Manager, Content Acquisition should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, managing multiple projects, and working under tight timeframes. S/he is also a motivated, self-starter with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business.
As a key member of the content team based in Japan, you will interface with external business partners such as anime production companies, license owners, and publishers. The Manager will be the business decision-maker and hub between the external business partners and our Anime Creative team. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, be an excellent communicator, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate and lead in all aspects of negotiation (financial analysis and forecasting, contract drafting, security requirements, amendments) for the production of both original and licensed anime content
• Represent acquisitions team interests across the company (operations, legal, finance, business intelligence/reporting, content marketing) on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis
• Manage relationships with external business partners such as anime production companies, license holders, and publishers
• Communicate and work closely with the Anime Creative team, as well as internal cross-functional teams such as Marketing and Publicity
• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations, to internal and external partners
• Independently execute and use discretion to escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals
• Heavy communication internally and externally
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing content industry partner relationships, preferably in a studio or anime production environment
• Experience and knowledge of anime production in Japan
• Strong desire to learn and be a part of the TV and film industry with a particular focus on anime
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
• Strong analytical, negotiation and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis, and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and multi-task
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Docs are a must This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.