Executive Producer - External Games
Full Time Job
Executive Producer (Live Ops) - External Games
This is your chance to be at the forefront of Netflix's new offering of Video Games.
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment. We connect people globally with movies and shows by delivering outstanding content and technological innovation through the world's leading streaming entertainment app, with 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries.
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and now they can enjoy an expanding collection of Netflix curated and produced Games.
At Netflix, we have an insatiable need to continually improve our product experience and the creative elements that support it, providing great value to our members, and this team sits at the forefront of the effort.
• This role will focus on our Live Service Games from a production perspective, ensuring Live Producers are managing live games correctly, including roadmaps, dependencies and release of Live updates
• Partner with our Live Service Director of Product Management to ensure priorities can be executed and roadmaps are aligned
• Identify and lead strategic initiatives across the portfolio to ensure our team and developers have goals, frameworks and priority they need to be successful in Live service games
• Partner with business development and creative teams to ensure we are making the right decisions for our developers and members, ensuring we are on track to achieve our overall strategy
• Define, develop, and refine the overall Live Service production strategy for the portfolio including pipelines and processes to ensure that Live Producers have everything they need to serve players, developers, and partners
• Manage a team of Live producers, supporting them in their role as our external developer's primary point of contact for post-launch releases
• Mentor, manage, and lead multiple Live producers, creating growth and opportunities for their success while maintaining a balanced production capacity
• Assist Live producers and PMs in budget management against individual game updates and Live Service plans
• Help resolve unique complex product issues through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done. Identify risks early and often and remove roadblocks and performance bottlenecks as needed
• Develop strong relationships with internal and 1st party studios to establish and maintain a flow of information so we are aligned on frameworks, games, opportunities and priorities
• Work directly with business development on developer evaluations when applicable and communicate production-related issues and feedback to ensure developers are set up for success prior to signing
• Work cross-functionally to create a healthy team culture based on rich communication, transparency and shared context.
• Previous Executive Producer or Live Service Operations Director experience with a game developer or publisher
• 6 years of project management experience, preferably from mobile gaming
• 12 years experience in game production with experience shipping multiple games (social, F2P, mobile, web, console, handheld)
• Experience in strategic planning and execution, specifically post-launch/live services experience in gaming preferred. (console, PC, or mobile)
• You have robust experience overseeing the full lifecycle of game development with a specific focus on post-launch live service operations
• Excellent knowledge of Live Service production, the difficulties generally encountered by teams and solutions tailored to their requirements
• Experience leading complex cross-functional projects with successful delivery of quality, schedule and in balancing scope, capacity, budget, risk, and time
• Ability to influence direction, without relying on positional authority
• You have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and developing a plan to put them into action
• You have excellent communication and are able to work with a variety of people, effectively communicating everything from data to creative feedback
• You have multiple years of experience managing direct reports with varying levels of production experience
• Passion for video games, innovations in software and how they enrich the player experience
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $150,000 - $500,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.