Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing & Operations
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios IncBeverly Hills, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2022 4:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing & Operations jobs in Beverly Hills-CA
Search all Sr. Vice President, Legal and Business Affairs, Distribution, Marketing & Operations postings
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. ("MGM") is seeking a Senior Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs to join its Distribution, Marketing & Operations Business and Legal Affairs team and handle a wide range of business and legal affairs matters in the distribution, exploitation and marketing of MGM's film and television properties worldwide.
• Structuring, negotiating, and drafting a variety of distribution, licensing, and marketing agreements, including international theatrical distribution agreements, non-theatrical and repertory distribution agreements, home entertainment agreements, promotion agreements, media agency agreements, acquisition and licensing agreements, master services agreements, post-production services agreements, live based entertainment agreements, and other distribution and marketing-related agreements.
• Providing legal support, on a variety of campaigns/activations in traditional and digital/social media, including but not limited to, co-promotions and sponsorships, brand/media integrations, influencer promotions, promotional screenings and other events, promotional shoots, sizzle reels, decks/presentations, and merchandising, as well as structuring, reviewing and drafting sweepstakes and contest rules and review supporting marketing materials for MGM and partner sponsored promotions.
• Managing legal matters in the course of exploitation and marketing, including the development of legal forms and policies.
• Preparing and conducting trainings to increase legal acumen across business teams.
• Providing strategic legal and business guidance to stakeholders of all seniority levels with respect to new business initiatives.
• Interfacing on a day-to-day basis with various internal groups (marketing, communications, publicity, IP, litigation, production, labor, post-production, etc.) and marketing partners as needed.
• Analyzing and interpreting contracts and providing thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including contractual obligations, intellectual property issues, guild issues, and other matters.
• Evaluating underlying rights, talent and chain-of-title issues.
• Interfacing with outside counsel as necessary.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• 10 years of day-to-day experience drafting and negotiating entertainment contracts.
• 10 years of experience handling distribution and marketing legal affairs at a studio or production company.
• Law firm experience is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of intellectual property licensing and clearance.
• Strong legal acumen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent ability to evaluate issues and propose/implement solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and resourcefulness.
• Ability to work quickly and independently.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.