Manager, Domestic Channels
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.Culver City, CA
Full Time Job
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., ("MGM") is looking for a Manager of MGM Domestic Channels. MGM's Domestic Networks group is responsible for the day to day operation of MGM HD, THIS TV and LightTV. These networks are carried by a number of the nation's leading cable, satellite and broadcast companies and our communications with them are vital to the networks' success.
• Focus on all aspects of channels marketing including affiliate, ad sales, PR, consumer (off-channel and digital) and social
• Manage activation of consumer and trade marketing campaigns for all domestic television networks including THIS TV, LightTV and MGM HD with focus on digital marketing
• Develop creative briefs and RFPs for internal/external creative teams to support marketing initiatives for networks and serves as day-to-day contact on execution of programs
• Develop marketing materials from inception to completion for outside teams, including internal and external Ad Sales and Affiliate Sales teams
• Assist in setting strategy as well as be lead for executing original content development for social channels especially Instagram and Facebook
• Assist in establishing goals and KPIs for all campaigns to ensure measures for success
• Manage day to day requests for marketing materials from distribution partners and working with design and production teams to ensure timely delivery
• Manage programmers, editors, and other teams to ensure appropriate materials are obtained for versatile marketing needs
• Interface and cultivate relationships with all cross-functional departments -- including but not limited to Legal, Programming, Research and Creative Services -- to ensure open communications to see that deadlines are met
• Manage details in event coordination to promote networks
• With team, maintain each network's affiliate website, ensuring that schedules, promotional spots and compliance information are uploaded on a timely basis
• Bachelor's degree required, mass communication, marketing field of study preferred
• Minimum of 5-7 years of marketing experience
• Experience in the entertainment industry with knowledge of film and film history
• Experience in digital marketing space including social
• Collaborative team player with cross functional organization
• Candidate should be extremely detail-oriented, able to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
• Familiar with B2B and B2C marketing, best practices, and trends
• Must be a reliable self-starter with strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Possess strong learning agility; must be flexible and able to adapt to the changing industry and organization landscape.
• Ability to work under pressure maintaining a positive attitude
• Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Understanding of Adobe Photoshop helpful but not required
About Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. is actively engaged in the worldwide production and distribution of motion pictures, television programming, home video, and interactive media. The company owns the world’s largest library of modern films, comprising around 4,100 titles. Operating units include Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., United Artists Films Inc., MGM Television Entertainment Inc., MGM Networks Inc., MGM Distribution Co., MGM International Television Distribution Inc., and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Home Entertainment LLC. In addition, MGM has ownership interests in domestic and international TV channels reaching over 130 countries.
MGM welcomes highly motivated individuals with strong communication skills and a passion for their work.