Spring Intern - Business & Legal Affairs Jd , Marvel Studios
Marvel EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Be a part of something big…
Marvel Studios, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over 70 years.?
Our Business & Legal Affairs internship programs provide law students with a unique opportunity to work with Marvel's in-house attorneys on cutting edge entertainment, corporate, and intellectual property matters.?Marvel's legal staff manages all legal issues relating to:
• Feature films at all stages including development, production, and marketing
• Talent agreements for Marvel's motion pictures
• Copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property advice, protection, and enforcement
• Interest in the practice of entertainment law and in-house transactional work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, especially in legal analysis
• Excellent research skills; resourceful
• Strong organizational skills with ability to handle and follow through on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; detail-oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well with others as well as independently.
• Classes completed in copyright, entertainment, and other intellectual property areas
• Prior internship at a film or entertainment company or law firm
• Completion of one or more years of law school in a current JD program at the start of the internship
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available part time (2-3 full days per week) from January through May
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
• Enrolled in a JD program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Studios LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Marvel Studios LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.