Made In Memphis EntertainmentMemphis, TN
Full Time Job
Our A&R Director works with our writers during the creative process and to facilitate partnerships to further our writers careers. This role is part creative, part relationships and part business management.
What you will do:
• Identifying and sign talented writers.
• Work with them and their management team on their writing skills, cowrites, and placements
• Run a small team in Memphis and Atlanta that services our writers.
• Collaborate with other MIME companies especially our sync, studio and distribution entities
• Creatively identify and bring to fruition partnerships for MIME artists
• Perform against key engagement metrics
What you will have:
• Deep understanding of the creative process of music creation including composition, production and distribution.
• Understanding of the business aspects of music publishing.
• 5+ years of experience in the music industry, whether at a publisher, manager, or label
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships externally and internally
• Experience in handling production budgets, studio timelines and identifying relevant business affairs issues
• Ability to work in a start-up, fast paced environment
Made in Memphis Entertainment, LLC (MIME) is a black-owned, full-service entertainment company. MIME houses 4U Recording, a state-of-the-art recording studio where top Memphis artists record their music; Heavy Hitters Music Group, a Film, TV and Ad sync company with an Emmy Award-winning music catalog; Beatroot Music, the only black-owned music distributor in the U.S., as well as Beatroot Africa; MIME Publishing, an independent music publishing company that handles Porter's legendary songwriting catalog and other copyrights of some of the most sought after young producers in Hip-Hop and R&B; and MIME Records, an independent record label home to artists like Porcelan, Brandon Lewis and Jessica Ray.
Co-Founded by producer and Hall of Fame songwriter David Porter and President & Managing Director Tony D. Alexander as an innovative concept to revitalize the Memphis music scene, MIME is a social-driven organization that takes pride in its diversity, with half of the organization being led by women and three-fourths of the company's employees being black.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online