Ilmxlab Environment Artist
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/27/2020 2:11:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Ilmxlab Environment Artist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Environment Artist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Environment Artist? Job Summary:
Position at ILMxLAB
*Remote Work Option Available for the rest of 2020, with potential to relocate Bay Area where this role will eventually be based*
We’re on a mission: building the future. We’re working in this crazy-fun, hybridized fusion of entertainment where exceptionally high-end (previously pre-rendered) VFX meets interactive, immersive stories. That spectacular mash-up results in unparalleled real-time worlds where we endeavor to raise the bar for experiences and visuals as high as we possibly can. As if making compelling movies and games wasn’t hard enough in isolation! Don’t get us wrong, we’re not complaining about the challenges. That’s literally why we come to work: It is our great fortune to be standing at the crossroads - unconstrained by a specific title or universe - in a collaborative, highly creative and highly technical work environment. If that sounds interesting, jump in. We still believe in picking up hitchhikers.
Our team is growing. We are looking for talented, driven creative technologists to help design and build the next generation of immersive stories. Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
• Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual fidelity and artistic innovation
• Work closely with the design leads to conceptualize, model, dress and light real-time worlds based on related concept art and photographic reference for franchise / IP
• Work with engineering leads & technical artists to establish and maintain performance and memory budget streaming requirements and other run-time requirements
• Establish a thorough understanding of the existing tools and pipelines; experiment / champion opportunities for improvement
• Help define and act as a key customer for new technology investments and art pipeline development
• Collaborate in development of task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary
• Actively participate in the QA process to identify and fix bugs
• Supervision of junior-level artists as required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in game development designing, modeling, and texturing 3D assets using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D/2D programs) on multiple shipped titles.
• Extensive experience working with Unreal 3 or 4, including terrain / landscape editing, level streaming set-up and implementation
• Exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
• Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
• Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
• Advanced abilities in Z-Brush or Mud Box
• Strong understanding of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
• Ability to switch between a wide range of styles.
• Collaborative, team-player attitude: open & receptive to new ideas, constructive criticism, direction and changes.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Passion for game development, and working in VR or AR
• Knowledge of 2.5D projections and associated pipelines
• Experience with Substance Designer / Painter, Mari, WorldMachine, Quixel
• Experience working with photogrammetry
• Experience with Unity, FrostEd, Hammer, Radiant or other level design / editor tools
• Able to create stylized concept art and illustration
• An appreciation for source control
• An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
• Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to, figure drawing, and environmental and / or architectural illustration
• Exceptional examples in set design, production design and/or architecture.
• Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, mass and volume, light, lighting and color.
• 3D sculpting and modeling abilities interpreting 2D concept.
• Mesh geometry constructed for a real-time engine, built with an understanding of level layout, lighting and reuse whilst respecting run-time performance.
**A portfolio / reel submission is required. Show us your chops. A detailed breakdown of your work in each section of the reel is also required**
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.