Fever Physical Therapist and Athletic Trainer
Indiana FeverIndianapolis, IN
Full Time Job
This position is a member of the Sports Medicine Team and is responsible for providing professional physical therapy and athletic training care for the injuries and illnesses of the Indiana Fever players. The primary responsibilities of this role include the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, and monitoring of all injuries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clinical care, based on the clinical evidence paradigm, to the players including but not limited to initial examination, diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, monitoring and prevention of injuries.
• Assist in the planning and execution of pre-season, in-season, post-season, and off-season screening, testing, and examination.
• Serve as the primary clinician for all players and coaching/video staff. Will also be available in the off-season for Pacers Sports & Entertainment employees.
• Responsible for identifying individual clinical treatment and rehabilitation strategies, goals, prognosis, and timelines based on the best clinical evidence.
• Serve as the bridge between the training room and weight room to allow for greater continuity of care including fostering communication with other components of the sports medicine service and the coaching staff.
• Coordinate scheduling of sports medicine and basketball-related activities during in-season and off-season workouts, practices and games in conjunction with coaching staff.
• Assist with pre-draft and free agent player evaluations
• Order, stock, and pack medical supplies
• Maintain cleanliness of training area, prep room and basketball courts.
• Assist in the facilitation of the day-to-day operations of the Sports Medicine department.
• Maintain state licensure and certification as a physical therapist and athletic trainer.
• Comply with all WNBA standards and protocols.
• Adhere to all team and WNBA standards for clinical documentation.
• Maintain WNBA and HIPAA standards for confidentiality regarding all matters pertaining to the players and the organization.
• Assist in any other areas and projects as necessary and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. It is required to pursue further clinical and education pertinent to foster growth within the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree, Indiana Athletic Trainer License, Certified NATA, driver's license. DPT degree and qualified to obtain Indiana license. Annual or biannual CPR/AED training.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the general public.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as making change, analyzing costs, figuring statistics, and making area and liquid measurements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams. Ability to interpret directions.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must make independent decisions and exercise discretion and independent judgment.
PHYSICAL and ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Use computer
• Speak, hear and write
Employee should have knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word and general data entry. Ability to learn new systems and adapt new technology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include evenings, weekends and possibly holidays. Travel also required.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.