Senior Corporate Communications Manager - Content Strategy
HuluSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hulu is seeking a Senior Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our Corporate Communications team. In this Senior Corporate Communications Manager role at Hulu, you will be focused on developing Hulu's narrative around the company's overall content strategy and executing creative, strategic press initiatives that showcase Hulu as home to the very best holistic offering of TV and films – both live and on-demand. This role is *not* in show publicity, although you will work closely with Hulu's show publicity team on cross-functional initiatives. The Senior Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for driving press interest and coverage around Hulu's total content offering and content verticals (such as Animation, Food, etc.) as well as positioning Hulu's Content executives as thought leaders in the streaming space. The right person for this role is highly experienced at devising and executing media campaigns and must possess deep relationships with media trade reporters, consumer vertical outlets and national media beat reporters. If you are someone who is comfortable working directly with senior executives and can skillfully manage programs from strategic planning through tactical execution, which includes content partner launches, proactive media relations, ideation around stunts and other promotions related to content verticals, and executive communications, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Develop strategy and execute communications around Hulu's overall content offering.
• Drive positive coverage of Hulu's TV and film strategy – including content verticals - in business, trade and consumer publications.
• Manage executive communications for Hulu's SVP (head) of Content Partnerships, SVP (head) of Originals and other key content spokespeople. This includes crafting their individual executive thought leadership platforms, interview prep, event scripting and ensuring they are speaking at all appropriate events.
• Develop creative and unique press events or stunts around Hulu's content verticals.
• Manage new live TV channel launches and partnerships.
• Manage deal news for new TV and film acquisitions, including liaising with studio and agency partner PR reps.
• Represent Corporate Communications in core Content team meetings to ensure alignment around business objectives.
WHAT TO BRING
• BA/BS from accredited University.
• A passion for entertainment and Hulu.
• 6-10 years of experience in public relations or corporate communications – must have deep knowledge of the media and entertainment space
• Proven strong relationships with entertainment trade, consumer and business press.
• Experience working with senior level executives.
• Excellent writing skills – preferably experience scripting executives.
• Experience that shows out-of-the-box creative thinking that secures press coverage.
• An ability to take data/research and transform it into a consumer-friendly story.
• Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects.
• Highly proactive and creative – able to create 'reasons to write' for press without always having an announcement as a hook.
• Team player, collaborative and inclusive – but also fearless.
• Mix of in-house and agency experience.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.