Hollywood RecordsBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Paralegal (Project Hire)
Disney Music Group (DMG) seeks a Paralegal familiar with the music industry and music rights and obligations for a research and data entry project in connection with upgrades to our repertoire management systems, focusing primarily on rights research and data verification, cleansing and alignment related to sound recordings. DMG houses the Walt Disney Company's recorded music labels, concert licensing division and music publishing companies.
• Locate relevant materials in databases, files, archives (both on and offsite) and other locations.
• Review legal agreements and other correspondence to extract relevant data.
• Prepare spreadsheets and other materials to capture the relevant data and to track progress and verify data.
• Scan and upload relevant agreements and correspondence to contract management systems.
• Research and analyze legal rights and obligations.
• Raise and escalate questions as necessary.
• Data entry and maintenance of databases.
• Such additional, alternative, removed or changed responsibilities as may be directed from time-to-time by a supervisor, without advance notice.
• Experience and familiarity with the music industry and legal concepts related to the music industry.
• Familiarity with working within a large corporate organization.
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with document and rights management systems a plus.
• Comfort working in large scale shared documents.
• Prefer candidate who has prior experience in large volume data management projects.
• Interact well with all levels with the ability to communicate clearly.
• Must have the ability to be flexible in all work situations.
• Excellent written, verbal, research, analytical and organizational skills.
• Must be detail oriented, with accurate input and proofing skills.
• Strong operational and organization awareness.
• Self-starter with excellent work ethic, sound judgment, discretion and commitment to managing assignments with professionalism and integrity.
• Bachelor's degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.
• J.D.s will be considered.
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world's biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.