Food and Drink Editor, Hearstmade
Hearst MagazinesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/22/2021 1:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Food and Drink Editor, Hearstmade jobs in New York-NY
Search all Food and Drink Editor, Hearstmade postings
Full Time Job
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, Delish, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
HearstMade is the in-house branded content studio for all of Hearst Magazines. Through a combination of data-driven insight and editorial instinct, we create stories that not only get attention but drive action. We are looking for a well-rounded Food and Drink Editor to join our team of editors, designers, photo and video producers and talent bookers in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
The Food and Drink Editor will work on branded food and drink content programs from pre-sale brainstorms through post-sale execution, conceptualizing, packaging, and writing or editing custom co-branded content.
This person will work closely with site directors and social editors to ensure content feels authentic, engaging, and in-line with each site's editorial voice; as well as with project management, sales, and marketing teams to ensure we are delivering content that satisfies the clients' needs. The content must be as exciting, engaging, and as well-executed as pure edit.
What You'll Do
• Assist the marketing team in conceiving of and refining ideas for branded content programs. These ideas must feel organic to each brand and fall within the parameters of what the client seeks
• Assign and edit custom recipes, cooking guides, product round-ups, expert-sourced explainers, and more
• Roll up your sleeves through every step of the content-production process, from line editing to working through client product priorities to pulling stock imagery.
• Collaborate with photo, video, and design departments to ensure each piece of content is cohesive, high-touch, and well-packaged
• Partner with other internal teams (including editorial, marketing, and project management) to move complex, custom-content projects forward
• Create and deliver content that best serves a client's mandate while remaining in-line with editorial best practices
• Assist video producers in writing video scripts and graphics to ensure a cohesive voice across the program
Who you are
• You have 4-5 years of post-grad editorial experience with a majority in the food or drink space; prior branded content experience preferred, but not required
• You are a bonafide expert on the food and drink world, from the latest viral recipes (and creators) on TikTok to serviceable tips from the experts, from relevant seasonal trends to topical culinary conversations.
• You have great relationships with food and drink writers and creatives across all or most applicable categories.
• You have exceptional editing, story packaging, and brainstorming skills-you should be an ideas machine and love to think big and strategically.
• You know how to package a story and understand how important visual elements are
• You are a quick thinker, flexible, and able to pivot as needed.
• You are energized by a mix of project types, from simple one-off articles to months-long production-heavy partnerships-and can gracefully juggle them all.
• You are a self-motivated, hands-on content creator who can work independently and is eager to follow through when you see a need or growth opportunity.
• You are a bridge-builder, able to work with teams that have different priorities but shared goals.
• Pre- and post-sale client-partner campaigns and/or marketing work: responding to RFPs, pitching ideas, assigning stories, shepherding art and creative development, assisting with production, working with project managers, etc
• Some production background: collaborating with creative leads on photo and video shoots
• Building content in a publishing CMS.
• Some familiarity with ecomm best practices and trends
• Some knowledge of social products, trends, and best practices across popular platforms (primarily Instagram and TikTok)