HBONew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2021 1:55:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Counsel jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Counsel?
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.HBO is one of the most respected and innovative entertainment brands in the world, serving iconic, award-winning programming to 140 million subscribers globally. A subsidiary of WarnerMedia, HBO is the world's most successful pay TV service with an extensive array of programming that includes some of the most notable titles to be on television, including drama series Succession®, Watchmen®, Westworld®, Big Little Lies®, Game of Thrones®, The Sopranos®, Band of Brothers® and The Wire®, as well as comedy series Barry®, Insecure® and Sex and the City®. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
Home Box Office, Inc. seeks a Sr. Counsel for the HBO General Inc.-Legal – Programming department. Provide transactional support and legal advice on all aspects of advertising and marketing campaigns as well as provide advice on consumer experience compliance issues for HBO Max.
• Clearance and structuring marketing campaigns for brand marketing, program marketing, growth marketing and distributor marketing, including traditional advertising, added value materials, social media, experiential activations, co-promotions with global and niche brands and sweepstakes and contests. Must be able to identify and advise on intellectual property and right of publicity concerns, regulatory and guild compliance, data issues and claim substantiation.
• Review features within HBO Max to provide advice on a range of consumer experience compliance issues, with a focus on consumer protection (e.g. consumer disclosures, autorenewal statutes, etc.).
• Draft and negotiate contracts, including agency agreements, co-promotional agreements, platform agreements, licensing, digital and emerging tech transactions.
• Attend and conduct regular meetings with marketers to structure and advise on all aspects of marketing campaigns, special events, and digital and social activations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with talent representatives, photo editors, and production personnel to ensure appropriate use of HBO talent in all campaigns and initiatives.
• Ability to project manage content clearance administrators on campaign review and clearance.
• Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from an ABA accredited law school required.
• Minimum of 7-8 years' experience in a law firm or in-house legal department working in marketing and consumer experience law.
• Must be a team player and have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, business sense, and the ability to make practical evaluations of risk.
• Must be able to provide direct, plain-spoken advice to clients (no legalese) and effectively and collaboratively communicate to colleagues and clients at all levels.
• Must be a problem solver who works as a business partner with clients.
• Must have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize among competing tasks and responsibilities.
• Valid California or New York Bar membership (in good standing) required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.