BI Engineer - HBO Max
HBO MaxBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for BI Engineer - HBO Max jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all BI Engineer - HBO Max postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a BI Engineer - HBO Max? As the Data Visualization Engineer, you will be responsible for managing the architecture, design, and support of data visualizations for Marketing. This role will work closely with marketers, analyst, data engineers, and senior leadership to define metrics and implement robust data visualizations and dashboarding solutions that will drive meaningful insights and business decisions. As the Data Visualization Engineer, you are a visionary leader tasked with synthesizing our massive dataset into appealing and digestible visualizations that will unlock and improve business insights. Your goal is to create a self-service environment where divisional analytical users can visit to understand how we are performing toward our goals, learn about the shape of our business metrics, and regularly check in on measurements that are central to our company's mission.
Data Visualization Applications
• Lead selection, implementation, and integration of data visualization tools.
• Guide adoption and planning of Looker installation.
• Work closely with business users to define and deliver effective data visualizations.
• Create and maintain core internal dashboards that are cross departmental.
• Design and implement data security model to support flexible user access level.
Apply and Set Standard
• Build aggregate datasets using ETL principles that underlay visualizations.
• Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices.
• Continually research and improve new methods and technologies in the analytics and visualization space.
• Apply your learnings to what you build.
• Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback.
• Train fellow employees on best practices for data visualization and help others be successful stewards of our tools.
• Transform the way our business users consume data and insights through highly usable and visually stunning data products.
• Enable everyone at HBO Max to be an analyst through the Self-Service BI model.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required. Master's degree preferred.
• 4-5 years of relevant experience of delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions.
• Expert in Looker and data visualization design.
• Experience working with an enterprise data warehouse and databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, Teradata, and/or SQL Server.
• Understanding of digital marketing, social, and advertising technologies, such as Google Marketing Platform, Google Ad Manager, Social Ad Managers, AppsFlyer, and/or Braze.
• Understanding of the digital media ecosystem and subscription business model.
• Hands-on engineering experience and a comprehensive understanding of data architecture.
• Experienced in designing analytics data layers and conducting ETL with very large complex datasets.
• Proficient in big data manipulation & data-wrangling technologies like SQL, Python, R and Matlab.
• Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data.
• Strong background in data relationships, modeling, semantic layer and mining.
• Working in an agile development environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and initiative.
• Ability to collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to define metrics, identify requirements and maintain confidentiality.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
• Willingness and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to teach and train effectively.
• Ability of filtering the signal from the noise in datasets.
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively and work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.