Coordinator, Media Relations
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Media Relations (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Coordinator to support the Media Relations team with publicity for FX Networks programming. Responsibilities includes distributing program listings, programming alerts, and show clips/teasers; writing monthly highlights, tune-ins and ICYMI alerts; booking satellite media tours; selecting clips; helping arrange conference calls, set visits and photo shoots; and creating and maintaining press materials, itineraries, status reports and contact sheets.
• Collect and edit press materials (e.g., loglines, bios, media guides) for assigned series.
• Create and maintain individual show status reports.
• Update and maintain the FX and FXX fact sheets.
• Update and maintain internal and confidential materials including contact sheets, media lists, and research documents.
• Create and edit talent itineraries for appearances and events.
• Select electronic clips requested for talent media appearances, work with Legal to clear all clips for use, and notify studio partner(s) as needed.
• Collect and generate supporting materials for events (SDCC, ATX, NYCC, TCA, etc.).
• Attend events, set visits, press interviews, etc. and provide support to the media relations team as needed.
• Oversee the distribution of programming schedules to the national TV listings media services and work with Director on overseeing listings, writing and distributing monthly programming highlights.
• Distribute promotional clips and teasers to press.
• Support publicity in identifying opportunities and promoting shows via online, podcasts and social media, including the potential of drafting pitches, offer summaries, etc. for show leads.
• In collaboration with other members of the department, train and oversee media relations interns.
• Four year college degree required, preferably in communications or related field.
• At least 2 years of work experience in television publicity required.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and superior interpersonal skills.
• Must be professional, adaptable and reliable.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Must be proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet navigation.
• Familiarity with social media, podcasts and other news outlets.
• Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed to assist with events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoo