News Anchor - PT - AM, All News Radio
EntercomSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Job
Entercom's KCBS All News Radio, San Francisco's number one news station, is looking for a talented news anchor with a positive attitude and impressive work ethic to join an elite team of broadcasters. This is a casual/non-full time position. Shifts may include early mornings, evenings, overnights, holidays and/or weekends.
You will be expected to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality or journalistic integrity. We are seeking a broadcast journalist who collaborates with colleagues and somebody who pitches groundbreaking stories and interview ideas. You will be expected to actively participate on various social media channels and contribute content to the station website (KCBSradio.com).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, and candidates must be able to take a detail oriented approach to work while meeting tight deadlines. You must have experience anchoring and writing news. Experience in the San Francisco market is a plus.
You must be a great writer, have a compelling on air delivery, be a proficient news gatherer – using a variety of sources – and be comfortable with audio and video editing equipment and programs. You must be dependable and self-motivated. This is not a job for a beginner.
• Anchor over the course of multiple hours on KCBS – including running a board
• Conceptualize, pitch, produce and record news segments
• Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interview news makers
• Write scripts and ad-lib material for stories
• Use social media – including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – during the course of your shift to connect with listeners, promote upcoming stories and interviews, and to highlight station content
• Contribute content – including but not limited to audio, video and written format – to KCBSradio.com
• Develop and research potential news stories
• Protect the station's FCC license
• Other duties as required by management