Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Producer's Assistant jobs in Remote-US
VIRTUAL POSITION - 100% Remote.
An attorney and producer in the film industry with a full slate of projects is seeking an assistant to help coordinate and assist in tracking the progress of all of the productions we are working for in the firm. The position requires familiarity and experience with the film production process as it relates to the various transactions and contracts to be completed in order to delivery a feature film. While the candidate will be working primarily with the attorney/producer, he or she will be supervised and accept instructions from the firm administrator, and expected to also support other members of the team when needed.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, unflappable, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and capable of juggling multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. A proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment and initiative while working with a high-volume production slate will be thrilled with the opportunity to learn and interact with producers in the real world of film production. The candidate will be a superior communicator (both written and verbal), Our team is always polite, pleasant and professional. Our attitude is that we are making movies, not doing brain surgery - there is no reason to get upset or blame one another or make it any more stressful than it already is. We just work together to get things done. However, we strive for perfection and while we know it can never be achieved, we try to get as close as we can every day and on every matter.
Specific responsiblities may include:
- Communicating information to clients, deal partners, production personnel and other members of the team. All communications must be accurate and if there is anything that is not understood, the candidate will be expected to ask questions until he or she is positve that the information is fully understood.
- Obtaining the status and other facts regarding the progress on each project and task that is being handled within the office. There are several dozen different matters that must be accurately tracked at any one time, but you will not be alone - each member of the staff is doing their best to keep the entire team up to date.
- Understanding priorities and assisting the team in making sure that the important and urgent matters are being addressed in a timely manner, including making any suggestions for how pressing matters might be accomplished more quickly.
- Listening to conversations and attending meetings in order to stay abreast of all developments, including recognizing when new commitments or tasks may conflict with existing obligations of the firm.
- Keeping the principal producer/attorney informed of upcoming calls and meetings and being sure that he has what's needed to address the anticipated topics.
- Assuring that the firm maintains a strong, positive relationship and image with its clients, contacts, agencies, other lawyers and law firms and the entertainment industry as a whole by conducting business in a pleasant, professional and consistent manner that inspires confidence and respect. Each communication should express the clear message that the matter is in good hands and being addressed in a professional manner without ever any hint of panic or uncertainty.
Any or all of the following qualifications would be helpful::
- At least 2 years experience in or around the feature film and/or television development and production industries.
- Experience in a professional setting communicating with executives, attorneys and/or other professionals.
- Knowledge of the roles played and functions performed by the various professionals in the film and television industreis, with some knowledge of deal points in the various contracts being very helpful.
- Familiarity with Microsft Word, Dropbox, Zoom, Excel, Gmail, (Clickup a plus!) and other typical office programs and technology, as well as production specific software such as Final Draft and Movie Magic. A general facility in addressing technical issues as they arise is helpful.
- Able to accept instruction and corrections without any defensiveness, and to improve so that mistakes are not repeated.
- Confident enough to share ideas and speak up if any potential issues or problems are observed. The only bad question is the one that isn't asked.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality in all matters, 100% of the time. Because we are handling sensitive matters for high level clients and projects, extreme discretion is required. Our staff cannot talk to their friends about any of the details of our work. The candidate will be communicating with some public figures and must be pleasant, professional, discrete and appropriate in every communication.