Technical Designer, Themed Entertainment Show Production
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/9/2023 4:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Designer, Themed Entertainment Show Production jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Technical Designer, Themed Entertainment Show Production postings
Full Time Job
Our client, a major theme park and film studio, has an immediate need for a Technical Designer to join their Entertainment Production Team! In this role, the Technical Designer will be responsible for expediting all aspects of technical design/drafting along with show production support. This includes design, development, fabrication / installation oversight, facility interface, operation, maintenance, and documentation in compliance with codes, and jurisdictional requirements for Entertainment based projects. All objectives must meet safety and compliance requirements and align with creative, financial, and schedule targets for live shows, atmosphere offerings, and special projects in a themed entertainment environment.
• Support the Senior Technical Designer and the Technical Manager to create technical drafting and packages for use as compliance and installation documents for event productions.
• Create accurate technical drawings, details, install packages, as-built, structural, rough and finish construction details, etc. for internal, and outsourcing to contractors / vendors.
• Assist Technical Manager with construction supervision during installation on site, working with both union, and non-union trades in outdoor conditions.
• Produce installation packages that adequately shows the installation crew how to install the exhibit within the larger space.
• Work with various disciplines to integrate A/V, lighting, electrical, and special effects elements into design package.
• Review and redline technical drawings for client approval.
• Coordinate design documentation from contractors/vendors with an emphasis on checking for compliance with contractual requirements and specifications.
• Assist estimating and design where necessary.
• Provide revision and document control digitally and on site.
• Coordinate close-out packages, maintenance manuals, as-builts, and revisions.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Drafter/Technical Designer.
• Bachelor's degree in Theatre, Production or related entertainment field, or equivalent work experience.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture, Sketchup, REVIT.
• Knowledge of general and scenic construction and materials, including Type V construction.
• Working knowledge of stage/entertainment practices, equipment, and technologies.
• Experience with Auto CAD 2D, 3D, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience working in fast-paced environments with accelerated production schedules.
• Confidence to effectively communicate across all lines of business, and with all levels of management.
• Strong awareness of Environmental Safety standards, and ADA.
• Experience with local jurisdictional protocols, and processes.
• Ability to identify and communicate creative solutions to challenges, and to maintain a consistent focus on priorities with persistent follow-through.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Annual salary is in the $80k range. Qualified candidates, please send resumes directly for an immediate reply.