Evp, Business & Legal Affairs
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our client, a leading global entertainment organization, is seeking an EVP to join their Business and Legal Affairs team! In this role, you will use your extensive leadership and transactional legal experience from within entertainment to serve as an integral member of the department leadership team: you'll analyze, negotiate, and draft a variety of complex legal agreements, analyze contracts, review and negotiate agreements with external vendors, provide ongoing legal advice to internal creative teams, review and analyze audit participation claims, and supervise outside counsel, among other tasks. You'll also serve as a resource for other company executives, providing guidance on the interpretation and application of existing and potential deals in the areas of intellectual property and guild agreements, as well as any other variety of legal matters, and assist with the handling of production legal, litigation, copyright, trademark, rights, and clearance issues.
You should have:
- a Juris Doctorate (active members of the California bar strongly preferred)
- a minimum 10 years of leadership and transactional legal experience from an entertainment based law firm, studio, network, agency or production company, with a strong understanding and knowledge of broadcast technology, television production and distribution, direct to consumer and new media platforms, intellectual property and related agreements (experience within the international or streaming spaces highly preferred)
- comfort analyzing issues of copyright, intellectual property, labor, and risk management
- advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- excellent communicative, collaborative, time management, leadership, critical thinking, and analytical skills, with a detail and results oriented approach
This is a direct hire opportunity based in the Los Angeles, CA, area, with full benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. For consideration, please submit your resume
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online