Senior Producer, CNN
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2021 1:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Producer, CNN jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Producer, CNN postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Senior Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products. In this role, you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
This Senior Producer will manage a team dedicated to producing live interactive interviews that dive deep on daily news, breaking news, and special coverage. The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. Strong editorial judgement, superior live production skills, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. This position reports to the Supervising Producer and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Oversee development and production of daily news, weekly news and breaking news programming
• Manage live productions and post-production project distribution
• Create and develop innovative, community-building, premium live content
• Approve producers' scripts, pitches and on-camera bookings
• Maintain schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work
• Manage internal and external relationships to help source and book on-camera talent
• Partner with internal stakeholders across the organization
• Work closely with Rights and Clearances and ensure all projects meet CNN editorial guidelines and Standards & Practices
• College degree or equivalent
• 8+ years of news production or related experience
• 1-2 years directly or indirectly managing others
• Proven experience in live show production and script review
• Proven experience working with and managing top talent and correspondents
• Outstanding editorial judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and organization skills
• Superior writing, editing and production skills
• Control room or comparable experience required
• Extensive knowledge of digital media and streaming industry
• Proven ability to lead a team through change; works well under pressure
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork and team-building skills
• Adobe suite/Premiere editing skills, a plus
• Must be able to adapt to a 24/7 news environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.