Summer Paid Intern - Video Software Engineering
CBS InteractiveRemote, US
Full Time Paid Internship
The Video Technology group develops industry-leading online and mobile video delivery systems and IP for CBS.com, CBSSports.com, CBS News and the entire suite of CBS Interactive sites. Our team is responsible for the delivery of premium content to millions of people every day. We set company-wide video standards and help internal business units integrate the video delivery stack into their specific online products. Additionally, the team serves as the company's information resource on current and future trends in digital video. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in doing high-visibility, mission-critical work.
The Video Processing team is a team working within the Central Video Technology Group and oversees video processing and publishing workflows. It focuses on building and maintaining video encoding platforms for on-demand videos and live streaming infrastructures as well as integrations with CMS and publishing pipelines. The group works across the video ecosystem to enable all CBSi business units to deliver high-quality video through the use of cutting-edge technologies for maximizing user engagement and revenues.
We are looking for a Summer 2020 Software Engineering Intern passionate about large scale video systems and distributed systems. You'll be part of the Video Processing Group, which focus on building, maintaining and helping on our live streaming and on-demand workflows, working with other video tech engineers to build and release products for various platforms like Desktop, OTT, Mobile. We are responsible for encoding our video streams at the best quality possible, no matter what the content, viewing device or network condition. You will be working on our video encoding platform and scaling it further to cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP.
• This is a paid internship and can also be for university credit if it meets your university's guidelines
• Full-time, 40 hours per week
What you bring to the team:
You have –
• Familiarity with either PHP/Python or similar high-level programming language
• Good understanding of CSS
• Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
• Familiar with microservices and REST API's and data-interchange formats such as JSON and XML
• Intern must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or bootcamp
• Student should be currently enrolled in a Graduate, Masters or PhD Level Program
• Must be at least 18 years old
You might also have –
• Familiarity with video protocols such as RTP, RTMP, HLS, HDS, Smooth Streaming
• Understanding of video codecs like H.264/HEVC/VP8/VP9/AV1
• Familiar with Cloud/SaaS services such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud
• Experience with Systems programming language such as Go
• Experience with technical writing and design documentation
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.