Sr Manager Video Production
CBS InteractiveNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/13/2021 6:02:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr Manager Video Production jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr Manager Video Production postings
Full Time Job
Truly premium content. At true scale. Only CBSi. CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on The Muse to get an inside look into #LifeAtCBSi through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The Senior Video Production Manager will report directly to the Director of Video Production. S/He will take a lead role in managing technology and its use in field and studio shooting, editing, graphics and post-production for CBSN and CBSNEWS.com, as well as digital integration with both broadcast news and online programming.
Maintain and upgrade studio, field, edit, graphics and network technologies
Train staff in these technologies.
Manage staff to improve all aspects of video design, production, publication and distribution.
Supervise staff in technical, editorial, assigning, scheduling and logistical areas to generate inventive and highly produced videos.
Conceive creative production, visual and branding concepts.
Bridge editorial technical teams, and work with other units to accomplish the goals and needs of CBS News Digital.
Work closely with other managers to achieve the best vision possible for our news products.
Must possess the ability to lead and encourage staff, and to develop creative solutions to both production and technical problems as they arise.
Capably of locating inefficiencies and implement new workflows as well as communicate news priorities, changing policies and operating procedures effectively.
The Manager of Video Production must have deep technical knowledge of IP and broadcast technologies, including field and studio equipment; recording techniques; editing, graphics and effects software.
• 2-3 years experience of managing or supervising news photojournalists, video editors and/or producers in shooting, editing and post-production techniques.
• At least 10 years of experience in news or public affairs television, film or video production, including experience in producing, photojournalism, and high-end editing and graphics in multi-platform media.
• Proven experience in video production and technical news leadership, branding and programming in high-pressure, deadline-intensive environments.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current professional camera technologies, including DSLRs; video editing programs including Avid and Adobe CC, graphics and image manipulation technologies, including Adobe Creative Suite, Motion, Photoshop; video CMSs and live-streaming technologies; video recording and encoding technologies; video switching platforms such as a Tricaster; current lighting techniques including LEDs; lighting control technologies, audio mixers, and integration of contemporary consumer technologies such as iPads on green screen.
• Ability to lead effectively and work collaboratively.
• Ability to work by phone, in studio and at professional events and public settings.
• Flexibility in hours and days.
• Willingness to travel.
• Upbeat, can-do, solution-oriented team-playing and leadership abilities.
• Superior knowledge of Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, video encoding and streaming technologies
Must successfully pass a background investigation.