Music Business Affairs - Executive
Full Time Job
The Business Affairs department at CAA is seeking a thorough and motivated lawyer to join the Music department in the Nashville office. This position requires a highly analytical mindset with the ability to execute against multiple, high priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Learn and appreciate the dynamics within the Music department and within the music industry, including, without limitation, understanding the relationships of all stakeholders in the live music business
• Negotiate, prepare, and review a wide range of music touring, partnership, and live performance agreements
• Provide thoughtful guidance to Music agents on business strategy for transactions of varying complexity
• Articulate sophisticated legal concepts and interpretations to colleagues and clients with limited legal knowledge
• Supervise, lead, and mentor Music Department Business Affairs support staff
• Contribute to the continuing education of colleagues and other client representatives in the nuances of the live music business
• Foster trusted and positive long-term relationships with colleagues and clients
• Maintain sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Provide high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment to meet the demands of the organization
• Be responsive to colleagues' requests for assistance and guidance
• JD from an accredited law school with admission to the Tennessee Bar
• 5+ years of transactional legal/business affairs experience, preferably in the entertainment industry
• A comprehensive working knowledge of music touring and partnership agreements, contract law and intellectual property rights (as applicable to the entertainment industry) is required, along with excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills
• A thorough understanding of entertainment/music industry customs and practices
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly collaborative approach to work
• Project and staff management experience highly desired
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.