Business Affairs Manager
BRON StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BRON Studios USA is on the lookout for a Business Affairs Manager to join our team. Based in Los Angeles, and reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the Business Affairs Manager will support the BA teams with film, television, and animation projects from development all the way through delivery. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of industry experience and be highly organized, professional, and able to juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
We would like this person to be based in Los Angeles, but the position is currently fully remote.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage and track the status of all live-action and animation projects through all stages of production and post production, triggering action from Production, Business Affairs, Finance and Post Production as necessary.
- Track option and rights expiries, including drafting renewal agreements and coordinating payments with Accounting department.
- Research guild/union requirements and answer queries from Production.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal contacts and external parties.
- Assisting with and drafting/negotiating agreements.
- Help develop internal process and procedures to monitor the status of multiple projects.
- Provide departmental support; including fielding external queries, file management, process management and implementation, and systems administration.
- Initiate and oversee signatory process for unions and guilds, serving as main point of contact and completing applications and supplying required documentation.
- Begin insurance application processes to comply with bond requirements and liaise with production to ensure that cast and crew has required coverage and information.
- Contact clearance companies and outside legal counsel to assist in ensuring chain of title is complete and unencumbered.
- Draft production documents, including crew start packages and various production documents.
- Oversee delivery of documents to the bond company, including troubleshooting and tracking documents from production, post, finance, insurance, and accounting and external parties.
- Liaise with production office to support and troubleshoot on various issues.
- Track above-the-line deals for cast and crew and various agreements, coordinating signatures and ensuring agreements are distributed to necessary parties.
- Track schedules, scripts and various production documents.
- Work with legal counsel and post production teams to make sure proper clearances are obtained.
- Facilitate delivery of contracts, music and stock footage licenses and other documentation to distributors and financiers.
- Obtain insurance certificates and endorsements as per distributor requirements.
- Coordinate with marketing and publicity department to ensure that cast and crew obligations are met
-- Prepare credit memos, main and end title credits, billing blocks and summaries of all above-the-line cast and crew contractual obligations.
-- Liaise and troubleshoot across different departments on all issues related to screen credits and serve as the main point of contact for the guilds and unions on credits issues.
-- Review and submit required credit forms, documentation and notices to unions, and obtain screen credits-related waivers as needed.
-- Distribute approval drafts in a timely manner for approval and work with Post Production Supervisors to ensure edits are implemented to on-screen credits.
- Experience as a paralegal required, and paralegal degree a plus
- A minimum of 3-5 years legal office or motion-picture industry experience required
- Significant experience working with motion picture guilds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including computer skills with Word, Excel and Outlook
- A proven ability to work in a team, but also to be self-directed and take initiative to accomplish personal goals
- Exceptional attention to detail to maintain credibility and effective working relationships with external contacts
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.