Head Of Physical Production Amazon Original Movies
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is hiring a Head of Movies Production to support original film production in the United States. Amazon Studios is the film development and production arm of Amazon.com. Over the past 6 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick, and Late Night.
The US Head of Movies Production will be responsible for overseeing all needs of original film production. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. This role is expected to be constantly evaluating, refining, and improving internal processes to boost efficiency, quality of content, and operational precision. The US Head of Movies will report to the Global Head of World Wide Production.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and supervises budgets and production schedules, plan productions, solve problems.
• Deliver a finished product on time and on budget for high level of complex projects.
• Create policies and procedures using best practices in the industry.
• Create and initiate on-going relationships with external vendors that align with business objectives.
• Obtain and allocate resources to achieve strategic and operating goals.
• Delegate assignments amongst team or cross-functional participants.
• Drive infrastructure and organization design for team and department.
• Represents team/project with higher levels of management.
• 10 years of experience as Film Producer/Production Executive or the equivalent.
• Ability to juggle multiple large scale projects efficiently in a fast-paced environment while delivering outstanding results.
• Direct leadership experience, having managed teams in the corporate or production space.