Unscripted Creative Development Executive
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hire & Develop the Best
Amazon Studios has an opening for an experienced television executive to look after the creative demands of unscripted series. The ideal candidate has extensive experience as a seller (producer) or buyer/commissioner (network) in both development and current along with a deep knowledge the creative and business issues in bringing programs from idea to launch. Must have proven creative instincts selecting, developing, producing and/or greenlighting projects as well as strong interpersonal skills and relationships.
Attend pitches and, where applicable, reviews material to have informed and productive meetings.
Oversee assigned shows and oversee and own 1) development including evaluation of source material, concept and character development as well as business matters such as deals with key parties and 2) current and production matters including staffing of showrunners, directors, field producers and editor, and be available to travel to domestic and international locations for preproduction, production and post-production, seeing projects through from idea to delivery.
Manage relationships with talent and key partners.
Exercise excellent creative and business judgement, especially in spotting the potential in ideas.
Builds relationships with creators, directors, producers, production companies, artist representatives and creative community.
Understand the nuts and bolts of production and participate in all aspects of pre, production, and post from budget and casting to production issues in the field from to final delivery.
Manage and supervise post-production/editing of content to ensure quality of finished product meets Amazon's quality and creative standards.
Liaise with other departments including Marketing, Publicity, Research, Digital, Social and Business and Legal Affairs.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 3-5 years as a Creative executive in a proven production company or network with previous Development and/or Current Programming experience in the various genres of Unscripted Television (documentary, competition, talk, etc)
• Actual producing experience is a plus but not required.
• Strong writing and excellent communication skills are essential.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and outside parties.
• Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines.
• • Animation and live-action experience
• • An interest in the future of communications networks
• • Graduate degree in film, law or business
• • Broad network of writers, producers and artists
• • Experience with online series development and current production
• • Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment
• • Excellent communication skills