Sr. Unified Communication Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a unified communication specialist with Skype for Business (S4B) experience to apply their skills as we roll out and operate our global Skype for Business hybrid environment. As a key member of the UMG Technical Services team, the Sr UC Analyst is responsible for ensuring our Skype for Business environment functions at peak efficiency. The position will be responsible for working with our managed services vendor to support day-to-day administration, reporting, troubleshooting, and operations of our Skype for Business environment.
• Provides ITIL based operational support and acts as a technical escalation point for the Unified Communications (Hybrid Skype for Business) infrastructure
• Oversees process of on-boarding/off-boarding clients and the relationship between Active Directory and Skype for Business for both Cloud and On-Premise configurations
• Manages Skype for Business UC interconnections with other key infrastructure technologies such as email, Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Mobile devices, Audio Visual systems, etc.
• Management of DID ranges, dial plan configuration and polices
• Provides oversite support of on premise equipment and configuration including SBA/SBC, and PSTN utilized by Skype for Business
• Identify key metrics and implement KPI reporting in collaboration with UMG’s managed service provider (MSP)
• General oversight on vendor/third party interaction with UMG for Skype for Business, including Incident/Change/Problem management related to Unified Communications
• Complete the reporting and analysis for the Skype for Business environment including Call accounting, periodic audit and review of systems, configuration, and billing
• Ensures work instructions and best practices documentation is up to date, including development and maintenance of related administrative and associate documentation
• Works with Client Services to educate end-users on effective use of communications and collaboration features of UC infrastructure
• Coordinate training for clients and technical peers as required
• Assist in configuration and management of room-based Skype for Business technologies as needed
• Responsible to ensure the annual review of Skype for Business services is completed, with participation of appropriate parties
• Identify strategic opportunities for improvement based on industry trends, best practices and business needs
• Collaborate with the management team to formulate and execute action plans against identified opportunities
• Exceptional technical skills in the Unified Communications space, ideally within a Skype for Business hybrid environment
• A high level of technical ability for troubleshooting and problem analysis is required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues
• In addition to technical skills, the successful candidate must be comfortable in effectively communicating with multiple internal/external stakeholders in a global business environment
• Quick learner with creative and analytical problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities, while practicing fundamental project management skills
• Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach
• Demonstrates commitment to organization’s policy framework and practices continuous improvement
• Research and result oriented individual with willingness to work unsupervised and prioritize own workload with a good attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to flexible working schedules
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology
• Ability to foster and work in a team environment, as well as being self-motivated and self-responsible
• 5 years of experience in the information technology industry, with at least 3 years of in-depth experience with Skype for Business (Lync) and/or related technologies
• 4 years of experience working with IP Telephony
• Hands-on experience and refined skills with collaboration systems such as Skype for Business (on-prem, hybrid, and online), Lync (2010/2013), and Service Now are required
• Strong understanding of Skype for Business group/system policies, survivable branch appliances, unified messaging, Active Directory, federation
• Adept at PowerShell scripting, regular expression, policy management, etc.
• Strong familiarity with Office 365
• ServiceNow experience desired
• Multiple language skills a plus
• Bachelor's degree in a technology related field or commensurate experience
• MCSE Certification specialization in Communication/Productivity.
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification strongly desired.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.