Software Engineer Music Distribution
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
• Working on global projects with a focus on digital distribution of music and video - embedded into an experienced team.
• System monitoring & management: Reacting to alerts, analysing bottlenecks, rebalance workloads and adjust system configurations
• Error analysis & bug fixing: identify system or input issues followed by code fix, testing and deployment to staging and production environments.
• Infrastructure management: Scale in / out of servers, adjust auto-scaling configurations, working with AWS support in case of issues.
• Participate in the implementation of (micro-) services, frameworks and API’s using tools like Swagger, Spring and BPM Workflow Engines.
• “We build it, we run it” – Operational responsibility (within the team) for global music distribution services in UMG.
• Passionate about solving problems with software and highly motivated to write code.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with team members, clients and other IT areas
• Solid understanding of IT infrastructure technologies (networking, storage, DNS, load balancing)
• Ability to work under aggressive deadlines and meet project commitments
• Experience with object oriented programming languages (ideally Java) and relational database technologies (Oracle, Postgres, SQL-Server). Experience with PL/SQL is a plus
• Experience with complex XML and JSON documents and its validation techniques
• Experience with Linux operating system and its tools (shell scripts, ssh, sftp, strace, lsof…)
• Degree in computer science (or related field), equivalent experience in a professional software development environment or proven (code) contribution in open source projects.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.