Senior Analyst / Analyst
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Analyst / Analyst (Depending On Experience)
Are you interested in working for the music industry? Would you like to help develop unique and clever ways to drive the music industry into the future using data driven strategies and insights?
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Analyst to help brainstorm, create, and implement critical business solutions for a wide variety of stakeholders throughout the organization. These stakeholders would include Senior Executives, as well as individuals within our Global Digital Strategy, Global Streaming Marketing, Business Development, Global Communications, and Finance units.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed in data analysis and financial modelling, with a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media. Candidates should be complete wizards in Excel (including VBA / Macros), PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms.
This candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to manage client or audience requests in a professional manner, communicate findings to a variety of different audience types (from Senior Executives down to fellow Analysts), and work in project teams to solve interesting problems in a consultative fashion.
• Deliver data-driven solutions and recommendations to executives and necessary parties that incorporate rigorous research and analysis
• Develop dynamic / automated models to help key stakeholders with partner negotiations, executive presentations, label meetings, global communications, etc.
• Create SQL scripts in order to extract necessary data from files that could be greater than 100 TB in size within Google BigQuery or other SQL platforms
• Identify user / partner trends, including but not limited to user engagement, listening habits, conversion, retention, monetization per stream / user, genre insights, among many others
• Present overall findings to executives throughout the company in a clear and concise manner
• Passion and curiosity for music and the data that is used within the industry
• Ability to query our databases (using platforms such as BigQuery) accurately and efficiently using SQL
• Advanced level Excel skills, with the ability to develop dynamic models using named ranges / formulaic references
• Familiarity with statistical concepts and tools, along with the ability to use them effectively in analyses
• Ability to visualize data within Tableau, DOMO, or other data visualization platforms
• 2 – 3 years of work experience in management consulting, investment banking, or similar role
• Experience managing and engaging with clients in a consultative or analytical capacity
• Experience working with analytical tools including, but not limited to Excel, VBA, Tableau, DOMO, BigQuery, etc.
• BS required in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similarly quantitative degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.