Product Development Coordinator
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. UMe is seeking a passionate music enthusiast to join our catalog A&R team as the Product Development Coordinator based in Santa Monica, CA.
• Co-ordinate streaming playlist creation and maintenance
• Work with Commercial and Marketing teams to assist with content creation for digital and streaming partners
• Create POs, process and pay invoices, and handle inquiries from vendors regarding payments
• Maintain various reports, calendars and spreadsheets as directed
• Identify repertoire and assist with audio & video archive research, asset management and video monetization
• Coordinate globally with international affiliates for releases, and manage internal UMe processes in conjunction with assigned releases
• Gather the applicable information and generate new release notifications for assigned releases
• Maintain and track project expenditures & budgets
• Direct/manage relations with independent 3rd party vendors and consultants
• Coordinate/manage departmental work flow, including test pressing shipping & approvals, tape transfers and the movement/uploading of assets
• Assist with the quality control of audio & video products
• Ability to successfully multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
• General knowledge of catalog music industry & recording methods and technology, and a passion for music and emerging media
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and to identify potential issues and successfully problem solve with business deliverables in mind
• Effectively optimize processes and efficiencies
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and high aptitude for learning new software programs
• Relevant internship or equivalent prior coordinator experience (within the music industry a plus)
• Bachelor’s degree required in music, marketing, communication, business, or related major.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.