Personal Assistant / Team Assistant
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: PA / Team Assistant
Responsible to: SVP, Global Rights and Society Relations
Department: Global Rights & Society Relations
Location of work: Fulham (St Pancras - Summer 2018)
Main purpose of role
Universal Music Group is looking to for a highly motivated person to work as Team Assistant to provide full administrative support to the Global Rights & Society Relations team.
The holder will have PA experience, preferably within the creative industries, and proven ability in prioritising a heavy work load, juggling multiple demands whilst taking ownership of individual tasks to meet deadlines whilst supporting multiple people.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a new team with a new focus on neighboring rights and a commitment to deliver excellent standards of service for all UMG’s Labels and Artists. It is essential that the individual have an interest in being part of a developing department with a constructive approach to change – this is a challenging role which offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing part of our business.
• Liaise on behalf of Executives with contacts at all levels - acting as a point of contact for all team enquiries.
• Screen and direct phone calls, emails and distribute correspondence appropriately.
• Handle requests and queries appropriately.
• Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments.
• Produce reports, presentations and briefs.
• Travel coordination (international and domestic).
• Expenses processing.
• Full administrative support; maintaining filing systems and databases.
• Event coordination.
• Perform accurate and timely research of UMG’s rights & repertoire systems to assist the team in its duties.
• Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements.
• Proven work experience as a personal assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Outstanding organisational and time management skills
• Up-to-date with latest office gadgets and applications
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Motivated by resolving issues and ability to calmly and effectively manage these through to successful resolution in a timely manner
Time & work management
• Works towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers
• Manages self and follows through on tasks and to do lists so that deadlines consistently met in the most efficient and effective way
• Prides oneself on effective problem-solving and steady, focused effort
• Sets priorities and plans workload efficiently. Consults manager and colleagues where appropriate to solve problems and complete tasks and projects to deadlines
Teamwork & collaboration
• Supports, co-operates and collaborates with others across the Organization
• Open-minded, flexible and cooperative with the needs and priorities of the team so that customer needs are met consistently
• Responds appropriately to direction regarding key performance indicators and service level agreements
• Fluent in English
• Ability to communicate clearly in a courteous and professional manner with customers and colleagues
• Ability to escalate issues appropriately in a timely and professional manner
Initiative & motivation
• Flexible, enthusiastic and effective approach to implementing tasks, taking on new work and assignments, developing new skills and servicing customers
• Prepared and motivated to be part of an evolving business environment with an interest in improving customer service and developing the role, processes and procedures
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement