New Business Manager
Universal Music GroupBeijing, BJ
Full Time Job
Due to company growth, we have a brand new opportunity available for a New Business Manager to join Universal Music China. In this creative sales role, you will seek client relationships with brands and agencies to drive revenue through a variety of artist/music initiatives. The scope of work may include anything from digital media and branded content to events, roadshows and sponsorship opportunities.
Unlike many other products, music has a place in any business. In this role you have the chance to work with renowned local and international brands to drive artist success and profitability.
About the role:
• Research, identify and pitch to prospective agencies and brands to achieve new business revenue targets.
• Proactively service clients and build successful long-term relationships with all key contacts. Lead regular meetings for strategic planning to ensure client requirements are met.
• Evaluate potential business deals based on requirements, financials, ROI, etc.
• Negotiate and formalise deals with clients, in conjunction with internal legal counsel.
• Campaign implementation and project management to ensure delivery of obligations and exceeding client expectations. Manage new business team on project delivery as required.
• Prepare and present post campaign reporting.
• Relevant qualifications in Business, Marketing or other related field. Master degree preferred.
• 2 years of experience working in a client-facing and/or sales role, ideally within advertising or internet related business.
• Excellent communication skills, including advanced client presenting / pitching and negotiation skills.
• Creative, collaborative and innovative.
• Strong project management skills and proven ability to execute.
• Good financial understanding including budget management.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office, particularly Powerpoint.
Interested? Please hit APPLY NOW!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Darren Espanto, Pupil, Jason Dy, The Voice Talents, Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun.
Universal’s Global roster includes Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.