Manager, Human Resources
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Manager of Human Resources to manage the day to day HR responsibilities for several business units and labels. The HR Manager will interpret and advise on policy and procedure, as well as consult on staffing, compensation, employee relations, performance management, development and employee programs.
• Builds, develops and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships with management and employees across multiple business units to deliver value-added HR services
• Develops a detailed understanding of the client’s business –departments, jobs, structure, processes, financials
• Addresses employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate
• Manage a process-driven workload and transactional responsibilities including partnering with HRIS/time keeping.
• Manage recruitment/employment function in coordination with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team including creation and editing of job descriptions, advising on compensation and interviewing
• Facilitate effective on boarding and exit processes
• Coach employees on career development, goal setting, performance improvement
• Facilitate salary/bonus planning processes
• Understanding of, and experience with, core aspects of Human Resource Management (federal state and local labor laws, labor relations, staffing; employee relations; performance management)
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters
• Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
• Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
• Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever changing work environment
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to high standard of professional conduct
• Minimum 3 years of prior Human Resources Generalist
• Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, fashion, television, advertising, etc.) is a plus
• HRIS experience, PeopleSoft a plus
• Strong knowledge in employment laws; multi-state experience preferred
• Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Vision and/or Org Plus experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant field with HR related coursework
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.