Junior Business Systems Analyst
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Application Design department within UMG IT is looking for a Jr. Business Systems Analyst. By working in this position, you would gain a broad understanding of UMG IT’s applications and organization as well as software technologies. Additionally, working in the Enterprise Architecture team would expose you to all major IT Initiative at Universal Music Group putting you at the center of UMG IT.
As the Jr. Business Systems Analyst, you would exchange regularly with people from various level and countries providing fertile ground to rapidly grow your communication and soft skills as well as learn to navigate the corporate world. This entry level position is a great starting point to grow in the field of Enterprise Architecture or branch off to Business System Analyst.
• Ensure data freshness and accuracy of UMG’s IT Asset catalog through regular interaction with business and IT stakeholders along rigorous execution of the current enterprise portfolio data validation process.
• To enforce and coordinate our bi-monthly catalog system updating process: exchanging and meeting with 100 IT professionals globally
• To prepare and generate existing reports as needed
• As support to the Enterprise Architecture Project Manager, you may be involved with additional ad hoc data related activities such as defining new data set needs and leading the data collection effort. Usual day to day activities would include:
• Prepare data collection or review documentation
• Send collection or review documents to various Application Owners
• Communicate with Application Owners to follow up or provide support
• Review and enter collected metadata
• Consistently ensure metadata integrity.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Spanish is a plus)
• Problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Autonomy and entrepreneurship
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with team members and stakeholders across all levels, departments and countries
• Experience working with in a multi-national company desired
• Experience working in, or with the Music industry preferred
• Basic Knowledge of SQL Server desired
• Experience with building reports desired
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or technical orientation
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.