International Digital Marketing Manager
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Digital Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Head of Digital (with dotted line to UK Label Head)
Department: Digital, Caroline International
Location of work: SARM Village
Main purpose of role
Duties will include but not be limited to:-
• Work with UK and International marketing team, artists and managers to deliver strategic and innovative digitally focussed marketing campaigns.
• Work with the Head of Digital and Head of Sales to support streaming strategy in UK and internationally, focusing on new music, albums and in campaign repertoire
• Consult on the creation of digitally led marketing plans for artist campaigns.
• Work with the International Head of Digital to plan digital budgets through a clear understanding of ROI and commercial potential of each activity.
• Using your experience and expertise to formulate original and ground-breaking ideas, you need to be highly organised and methodical but also able to bring creativity, enthusiasm, and fresh ideas to the company.
• Oversee all digital promotions campaigns on your roster, working closely with the promotions team.
• Deliver value for the artist in excellent management of all their digital activities.
• Find, engage and maintain relevant target audiences via digital platforms.
• Deliver against Database, Traffic and engagement (conversion) targets set out with the International Head of Digital.
• Work with the International Head of Digital to ensure CRM is sewn into all artist campaigns in and out of the release cycle.
• Ensure best practise with SEO across campaigns to ensure continuity and relevancy across SEO and SEM.
• Oversee the briefing, build and maintenance of all artist digital touch points - official site, social networks, mobile destinations etc.
• Ensure best practise across data capture, CRM, sales opportunities, editorial and community.
• Actively seek innovative solutions to compliment traditional marketing plans.
• Support the implementation of innovative, cost effective digital activities into marketing and promotional teams.
• Commission and project manage the development of creative digital tools and content with a view to all tools being repurposed across artists and territories.
• Review new services and suppliers on a regular basis with the International Head of Digital.
• Report on all campaign activities undertaken via a weekly document and in internal meetings.
Streaming/Consumer/Digital Trends Champion
• Fully understand the latest innovations and consumer trends in the streaming market and digital media.
• Use consumer data and research to identify new opportunities and approaches and implement within the marketing and promotions teams.
• Understand consumer behaviours in and out of the digital space and devise tactics which address their needs and positively engage.
• Work with Consumer Insight Team to source relevant research and data to inform artist strategies.
Cross functional relationships
• Work with International Head of Digital to help ensure a consistent dialogue with the following departments in order to maintain a digital approach and implement digital deal opportunities.
• 3rd party relationship management with partners at key DSP’s
Caroline International Teams:
• Digital Insight and Analytics
• Promotional teams
• Sales account managers including streaming team
• International Consumer Insight Team
• Manage relationships with 3rd party sites and partners in order to secure high value profile for the Caroline International roster managed with the International Head of Digital including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, Shazam, BandsinTown, Tumblr, Vevo, YouTube and new platforms as they come up.
• Integrate new digital deals/partnerships into everyday marketing and promotional planning.
• Commission bespoke content and tools for 3rd party placement.
• Negotiate added media value around exclusive content.
• Deliver cross media opportunities working with Caroline International promotions team.
Excellence in execution
• Support label functions in the integration of digital into planning and activity.
• Support the rollout of digital best practice across the label and associated shared functions e.g. International Marketing
• Motivate the digital team to seek new opportunities and continually review approach and effectiveness
• Promote basic digital media principles in all functions
• Must have a full understand of the latest innovations and consumer trends in digital media.
• Special attention and awareness of the streaming market and its constant evolution.
• Able to use consumer data and research to identify new opportunities and approaches and implement within the marketing and promotions teams.
• Clear understanding of consumer behaviours in and out of the digital space and devise tactics which address their needs and positively engage.
• Experience of managing relationships with 3rd party sites and partners in order to secure high value profile for the roster.
• Proven ability to integrate new digital deals/partnerships into everyday marketing and promotional planning.
• Confident in commissioning bespoke content and tools for 3rd party placement.
• Act as a company advocate for digital media principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Extensive marketing communications background with products and services in a B2C environment.
• Proven experience gained within a music or media-related industry.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to present/ interact with high-level management.
• Experience of working for an international company within a global environment.
• Strong creative background and network.
• Management level experience in the digital environment with particular focus on web, mobile, social media.
• Photoshop & HTML skills desirable that include the ability to create assest from time to time such as Banners, Gifs, Video clips and email newsletters.
• Ability to brief out a wireframe for website builds essential and manage third party developers.
• May occasionally be requested to travel within Europe and attend gigs in London on a regular basis.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description1