IT, Communications Lead
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
UMG is seeking an IT, Communications Lead who will be responsible and accountable for global IT brand, marketing, and communications and driving and consistently improving communication medium and strategy.
• Review and process communication requests
• Act as a liaison with teams to collect and understand content and develop/distribute communications on behalf of the IT Organization
• Communication types consist of, but is not limited to, Global Announcements/News, Interruptions/Maintenance, News Letters, Video Tutorials, Portal Promotions, Surveys, Live Feed posts, including:
• Written material, illustrations, photos, video, and layout
• Review all corresponding and supporting documents, articles, pages, tutorials, links, etc.
• Develop / mature communication templates and practices
• Lead the design of Communications Management process, policies, and procedures
• Collaborate with other IT teams to orchestrate and build curriculum for IT processes/procedures
• Participate in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives across the organization, streamlining the way communication are created, fulfilled, approved, and ultimately published
• Provide training, coaching and guidance to the customers of Communications process and application
• Self-motivated with ability to not only work in group/individual setting, but able to drive action and make decisions independently with little to no direction
• The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
• Superior project management and time management skills
• 5 years of relevant communications experience (e.g., public relations, internal communications, marketing), ideally within a Technology organization
• Demonstrated experience in managing comprehensive internal communications programs to advance an organization's mission and goals
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media
• Expertise and awareness of digital channel strategies and programs, including new/emerging technologies, to support message delivery and measurement.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferable in majors and/or minors in some combination of: English, communications, journalism, marketing, or other relevant discipline.
• MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.