Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you interested in working for the music industry? Would you like to help develop unique cutting edge data science solutions to help drive innovation and creative data driven strategies across Universal Music Group?
Universal Music Group is looking for a Data Scientist to join our in-house Data Science R&D team, working across prediction, segmentation, price optimization, machine learning, attach and other areas where data and statistical methods can be applied to measurable advantage. Working on interesting high value problems from teams across the business, including commercial, advertising and marketing.
The ideal candidate should have a strong statistical background, with a very good understanding of common machine learning techniques. Prior experience of working in an advertising/media buying function working across attribution and advanced consumer segmentation would be desirable. Candidates should at least be proficient in R or Python & SQL at a minimum.
This candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to manage client requests in a professional manner, communicate research and learnings to a variety of different audience types (from Senior Executives down to fellow Analysts), and work in both project teams and in silo to solve interesting problems in a consultative fashion.
• Research and develop models/insight to help drive monetization strategies.
• Develop advanced test and learn approaches around media buying efficiencies.
• Build/refine/improve new or pre-existing statistical models or processes.
• Advise on data related topics to help guide or inform business decisions.
• Preparing data sets for applications such as classification, modelling and clustering.
• Developing new data features that can become invaluable pieces of insight.
• Passion and curiosity for music and the data that is used within the industry
• Proficient in at least one of R and Python.
• Ability to query our databases (using platforms such as BigQuery) accurately and efficiently using SQL
• Excellent knowledge of using common Python/R statistical packages such as NumPy, SciPy, Statsmodels.
• Working knowledge of machine learning concepts and techniques and their application.
• Knowledge or experience of working with Google Cloud Platforms products like BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc, Machine Leaning or similar cloud solutions would be desirable
• Importantly being creative and thinking outside the box in the way we tackle and build solutions.
• 2 years of work experience in Data Science related roles, preferably in media, adtech, agency.
• Experience managing and engaging with clients in a consultative or analytical capacity.
• Experience working with development teams to productize work.
• Experience working with adtech related platforms (DMP, GA, TMS) desirable.
• Degree in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or a similarly quantitative degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.