Brand Marketing Coordinator - Keystone Comic Con
Full Time Job
WHAT'S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
ReedPOP creates world class celebrations of pop culture and we are looking for a talented brand marketing coordinator to help us launch the very first Keystone Comic Con! This new launch in the pop culture space will be something special that both fans and brands will embrace and you will be able to bring it all to life from the very beginning. What could be cooler than that? The Brand Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and execution of the overall marketing, promotion, communication and publicity plans in order to create awareness in the market and drive attendance for this new show. Ideal candidates must be passionate marketers with a true love for brand storytelling and building lifelong connections with an audience. You'll have the opportunity to build marketing plans that cover digital, traditional, social media, guerilla and 'word of mouth' marketing. You will also help design and produce a variety of projects including advertisements, posters, logos, event signage, infographics and much more. We are looking for someone that will really embrace the city of Philadelphia and the fans that live there! A passion for comic books, pop culture and fan communities will come in very handy in this role!
BRING YOUR PASSION AND EXPERTISE:
• Develop a vision and plan for the marketing, brand identity and on site experience of this new event launch
• Development, implementation and execution of a comprehensive social media and content plan
• Manage mobile app development, updates and marketing
• Manage digital marketing asset creation, delivery and strategy
• Responsible for writing, designing and deploying weekly newsletters
• Regularly update copy, images and announcements on the event website
• Maintain, update and monitor the events social media accounts on a daily basis
• Create and edit compelling video and photographic content that will be showcased on our social channels and websites
• Conduct focus groups and fan meet ups to better understand the fans in Chicago
• Develop marketing partnerships in the local market and surround markets in order to drive awareness and ticket sales for this new event launch
• Create and cultivate a ''one team'' approach through collaboration with event management, sales, operations and talent/content
• Proactively seek out the newest trends in communication vehicles (Mobile Apps, Social Media, Digital Media, etc.) and recommend how to incorporate the latest trends successfully into our marketing plans
• Ensure all messaging and imagery represents the event and ReedPOP positively and authentically
• Create, negotiate and execute a full media plan with current partners and research new partners
• Develop onsite brand experiences that are immersive and visually stunning for our fans and partners
• Collaborate with outside agency partners as needed
• Track status, progress and ROI of all marketing campaigns
• Maintain an eye for detail and quality on projects big and small, while communicating with the team to meet deadlines
• College degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 2 years of marketing consumer products, event marketing or relevant and related experience required
• Strong copy writing skills are required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Professional level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms, including but not limited to YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter – both as a marketer and as a user
• Must be highly collaborative with a ''We'' not ''Me'' mentality.
• Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
• You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
• We want a social and empathetic person that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
• You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
• You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
• Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
• You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
• Must be a humble person that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say ''I don't know'' and always learn from your mistakes.
• A true passion for pop culture and our fans
• Some domestic and possibly international travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year