Intern - Music Journalism & Curation
Zumic EntertainmentMontclair, NJ
Freelance Unpaid Internship
Zumic is a music news website looking to revolutionize how music is consumed. We cover all styles of music, giving artists and fans the respect they deserve.
Right now, Zumic is accepting applications for summer and fall journalism interns. Most of the work involves writing about music, curating our music coverage, and event listings. We are looking for experts in the following genres:
• Hip Hop
• Folk & Country
• Musical Theatre
• Must be able to work at least 8 hours per week.
• Prefer candidates with a background in music, journalism, communications, and/or English.
• Prefer candidates experienced in web publishing.
• Prefer candidates with experience using Google Drive apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Must be able to work well independently and with a team.
• Must live and breathe music. This is a music website, after all.
• Researching, analyzing music, and writing
• Concert listings curation
• General office support
We take the educational element of the internship seriously. You'll be trained and get hands-on experience with everything from writing and researching articles to HTML coding with an advanced content management system.
If you are hardworking, versatile, and passionate about music, you'll love being part of the Zumic team and we'd love to have you.
Because of coronavirus, all work is currently being done remotely.
This is an unpaid internship for two to three months, depending on the number of hours per week. If you would like to gain credit for school, we are happy to sign off on any paperwork required. After the internship period is over, there is potential to be hired as a freelancer or employee.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online