Intern - Music Journalism & Curation
Zumic EntertainmentMontclair, NJ
Freelance Unpaid Internship
Zumic is a music news website looking to revolutionize how music is consumed. We cover all styles of music, giving artists and fans the respect they deserve.
Right now, Zumic is accepting applications for fall, winter, spring, and summer journalism interns. Most of the work involves writing about music, curating our music coverage and event listings.
- Must be able to work at our New Jersey office (20 Church St. Montclair, NJ 07042) at least 8 hours per week.
- Prefer candidates with a background in music, journalism, communications, and/or English.
- Prefer candidates experienced in web publishing.
- Prefer candidates with skill using Photoshop or a similar image editing program.
- Must be able to work well independently and with a team.
- Must live and breathe music. This is a music website, after all.
- Researching news, discovering new music, and writing stories for the Zumic website.
- Concert listings curation
- General office support
We take the educational element of the internship seriously. You'll be trained and get hands-on experience with everything from writing and researching articles to HTML coding with an advanced Wordpress content management system. The majority of your time will be spent gaining real experience in the music business, not getting coffee or sweeping the floor. You'll get full credit for your work and a publisher page with a portfolio of your writing.
If you are hardworking, versatile, and passionate about music, you'll love being part of the Zumic team and we'd love to have you.
This is an unpaid internship for two to three months, however there is a weekly intern travel stipend, as well as lunch paid for by Zumic. If you would like to gain credit for school, we are happy to sign off on any paperwork required. After the three month period is up, there is potential to be hired as a freelancer or employee.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online