Music Operations Manager
Full Time Job
GREAT PEOPLE. GREAT WORKOUT. GREAT PERKS.
As the largest branded fitness program in the world, Zumba® brings millions of people together every single day. We take the ''work'' out of ''workout,'' combining fun, fitness and a serious dose of happiness in every class. And being part of our close-knit Home Office fam is JUST. AS. AWESOME.
About our Music Team: Our Music Team delivers more than 400 songs (originals, collaborations and licenses) for use across all over our programs annually. We work will all major and many independent labels and publishers, Grammy Award-winning artists, writers and producers, and we are a highly recognized launch platform for frontline artists. We strive to set Zumba apart from the rest of the fitness industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation through music that is part of our company's DNA. Consider a career at Zumba and be a part of one of the biggest forces in both fitness and music today.
About the Role: You will keep us on track to get our music production done on time, so we can deliver amazing products to Zumba lovers around the world. You will have visibility and engagement in new methods of music consumption. You will make a meaningful impact on Zumba's business while developing strong relationships with your co-workers, external partners, and music industry players.
You have strong passion, knowledge, and excitement for trending music, you are assertive and organized, and have amazing communication skills. Here's the cool stuff you'll get to do with us:
Keep Music output on track, and keep us organized:
• Be the main point of contact for overall music production workflow. You will proactively make sure we have smooth execution and on-time delivery. This includes active planning, logistics, management, administration, execution, and handling traffic for large volumes of musical content.
• Remove roadblocks, and pro-actively troubleshoot and resolve issues and obstacles
• Keep working files and masters organized and up-to-date
• Field music requests that fall outside of the norm: administer and execute these non-standard requests
Work with others, use your influencing skills:
• Speak to people inside and outside of the company to align everyone regarding project goals, initiatives, timely delivery of audio content, and usage rights
• Control audio delivery of Zumba Original Music, and maintain communication with Catalogue Administrator to keep them up-to-date on new songs and materials
• Liaise with and foster meaningful relationships with labels, independent artists, writers, and producers in the music community
• Keep everyone aware of project status, and communicate clear, succinct, and timely status updates… no surprises!
• Track post-release music success from surveys, and create reports that will help us make future music selections
A Couple of Other Things…
• Own the management, revision, and approval process of contracts, invoices, and purchase orders for all music production-related activities, excluding music licensing. You will make sure that vendors are properly paid.
• Administer Artist Royalties owed to Zumba due to exploitation of Zumba original catalogue (third party licensing deals)
• Deliver Artist royalty statements on a quarterly basis of royalties due from Zumba to Artist in coordination with the music licensing department
• Align with our Core Values
• Do what is necessary to get the work done on time
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor's degree in Music Business, Business, or related field
• 3+ years managing multiple priorities with strict delivery timelines
• Intermediate to expert user of standard operating software (Excel, Word, Google drive, Google mail, etc.)
• Availability to work as necessary to complete the project by deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
WHAT WE'D REALLY LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
• 3+ years of successfully working on fast-paced production team (e.g., music, television, film)
• Be assertive with strong project management and influencing skills to drive projects to completion
• Be passionate about the music business: Latin, International, and trending music. Knowledgeable of the contemporary music scene and lifestyle.
• Be highly organized, with strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate large amounts of work across different and simultaneous projects
• The ability to quickly grasp the business and processes. Pro-active planning, and understanding of necessary steps to achieve all
deliverables by the due date.
• Be solutions-oriented, and resourceful in finding answers to unexpected challenges
• Be technologically savvy with relevant applications, including WhatsApp, Instagram, Apple Notes. Suggest new relevant applications
to further support Music process.
• A basic understanding of music software, such as Logic, ProTools, Ableton, etc.
• Be motivated and innovative
• Be fluent in English and Spanish. Knowledge of other languages would be a plus.
Why #TeamZumba? Why Not!
• We're an innovative company that exports joy around the world. Trust us, you TOTALLY wanna be a part of that!
• Come as you are! Our casual dress code allows you to express yourself, whether jeans are your jam or activewear is more your
• Know you're making a real difference in people's lives (and you'll have a blast while doing it).
• Share your passion and creativity with a team that feels like family. Here, it's kinda like Cheers, everybody DOES know your name.
• They're not regular Town Halls. They're cool Town Halls. When we get together to hear the latest from our CEO, we couple it with bowling, karaoke and dance battles.
• Competitive salaries, 401k matching and awesome healthcare benefits. But that should go without saying.
• Get immersed in the #ZumbaLife mega fast. You'll get instant access to FREE Zumba® and STRONG by Zumba® Instructor
Trainings and membership in the Zumba Instructor Network (ZIN™) and SYNC, plus receive suh-weet discounts on our Zumba® Wear apparel.
• We love a good viral video trend. Check out our Mannequin Challenge and Harlem Shake videos on our Zumba® Home Office Instagram page. They'll definitely bring the lols.
• You'll become intimately familiar with every reggaeton song… like… EVER. You'll learn to love it, we promise!