English (captions and subtitles) Editor
Zoo DigitalEl Segundo, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for English (captions and subtitles) Editor jobs in El Segundo-CA
Search all English (captions and subtitles) Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an English (captions and subtitles) Editor? As an English Editor, you will be required to create, reformat and edit captions for videos to be distributed on a variety of platforms such as Netflix, iTunes, Amazon, Google and Hulu. The captions and subtitles must represent perfect English grammar, and you will need to be able to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, syntax, and individual clients' captioning style. You will be trained on our proprietary cloud based system.
As part of the role, you will be responsible for managing tight deadlines, scheduling, and integrating technology effectively, while communicating with ZOO project coordinators, subtitle operators and a global network of vendors and contractors.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented and is able to shift priorities as required on a daily basis to accommodate the changing needs of our clients. The candidate thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused environment to meet needs of the client. Strong writing and editing skills preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
• Background in English - preferably a university degree in English, Journalism or related field
• Subtitling and editing experience a bonus but not required
• Fast and accurate typing skills - minimum 60 wpm
• Familiarity with using search engines to research people, places and unfamiliar terms
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Comfortable in adapting to new software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an interest in language
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, completing projects accurately and to deadline with minimal
• Proactive, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to work independently and as a team player
• Able to learn to use specific, subtitle-centric computer programs
• Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional listening skills
• Able to comprehend and communicate complex technical topics and specialized information