Senior Assistant Editor
ZealotNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Zealot, a theatrical trailer and TV promos company, is seeking an experienced senior assistant editor to work in our NY office.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for film and television. This is an exceptional opportunity to a fast-tracked career as a finishing editor/coordinator role. An experienced AE or finisher from a similar environment as ours is ideal, but one whose aspirations are on the technical side rather than creative.
The candidate will be responsible for some assistant editor responsibilities including ingesting and organizing materials, but will be more heavily focused on the finishing process including proper delivery of final content for theatrical, television, and social media video deliveries.
They should strive to deliver a quality product, and quickly and efficiently solve problems. They must have the ability to work with speed, multi-task, and be detail-oriented. Good organization and ability to remain calm under pressure and a heavy work load are a must. They should derive some sort of satisfaction from delivering a quality product, solving problems, and teaching and managing a team of AEs.
Prior experience working in the trailer industry is a plus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conforming final picture and audio for finished spots
- Reviewing video and audio delivery requirements
- Final QC of all deliverables
- Overseeing final upload/delivery of content
- Conducting software maintenance
- Aspire to supervise and train a team of assistant editors in finishing/delivery procedures
Applicants should possess:
- At least one year in an online/QC role in a professional environment
- At least two years working with Premiere Pro in a professional environment
- Knowledge of codecs, color spaces, multiple channel audio layouts, and FTP software
- Clear communication skills within the AE team and with clients.
- A keen interest in movie trailers, television show campaigns, and more
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online