Intern - Domestic Distribution
XYZ FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
XYZ Films' domestic distribution department is seeking an energetic and motivated intern for 2 to 3 days per week, from 10am to 5pm. The internship is unpaid and no school credit is required. We are seeking interns to start by the end of May who can commit to a 12-week internship.
Interns will be exposed to the world of domestic distribution. They will review screeners and write coverage, where they will learn to evaluate finished films from a creative and commercial perspective. They will also get an in-depth look at the work that goes into acquiring a film for U.S. distribution, provide creative feedback on marketing materials, and contribute to festival and production tracking.
XYZ Films is an integrated content company whose mission is to empower visionary storytellers from every corner of the planet. XYZ was founded in 2008 by Nate Bolotin, Nick Spicer, and Aram Tertzakian. XYZ has been behind films such as The Raid franchise, BAFTA winner Under the Shadow, and Sundance winner I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore.
• Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Independent, self-starter, proactive and motivated to learn
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure
• Passion for independent genre cinema
• Must be willing to commit a minimum of 12 weeks from the date of hiring
• Must be able to work in Los Angeles (pending office re-opening)
• Must have reliable transportation (pending office re-opening)
• Must have a laptop
• Must be passionate about Film, TV, and the entertainment industry as a whole
Throughout the internship, interns will have the opportunity to sit in on conference calls and meetings, and schedule Q&A sessions with all of the executives, allowing for a more in-depth learning experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online