Intern - Distribution
XYZ FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Distribution jobs in Los Angeles-CA
XYZ Films' domestic distribution department is seeking an energetic and motivated intern for 2 to 3 days per week, from 10am to 5pm. The internship is unpaid and no school credit is required.
Interns will be exposed to the world of domestic distribution. They will review screeners and write coverage, where they will learn to evaluate finished films from a creative and commercial perspective. They will also get an in-depth look at the work that goes into acquiring a film for U.S. distribution, provide creative feedback on marketing materials, and contribute to festival and production tracking.
XYZ Films is an integrated content company whose mission is to empower visionary storytellers from every corner of the planet. XYZ was founded in 2008 by Nate Bolotin, Nick Spicer, and Aram Tertzakian. XYZ has been behind films such as The Raid franchise, BAFTA winner Under the Shadow, and Sundance winner I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore.
Internship Start Date/Season: Fall 2022
Internship Duration: 12 weeks
Time/Days Required: 10 AM-5 PM PST, 2-3 days/week
Workplace Requirements: Must have laptop and reliable transportation. Interns do NOT need to be local to LA, we offer remote internships as well.
• Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
• Independent, self-starter, proactive and motivated to learn
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain calm under pressure
• Passion for independent genre cinema
• Must be willing to commit a minimum of 12 weeks from the date of hiring
• Must be able to work in Los Angeles (pending office re-opening)
• Must have reliable transportation (pending office re-opening)
• Must have a laptop
• Must be passionate about Film, TV, and the entertainment industry as a whole
Throughout the internship, interns will have the opportunity to sit in on conference calls and meetings, and schedule Q&A sessions with all of the executives, allowing for a more in-depth learning experience.