Master Control Operator
Xavier Media GroupReseda, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking individuals familiar with OTT programming and operations to create and develop our master control solution. We have the need to service nearly 3 dozen streaming and broadcast channels. Must be familiar with broadcast operations, developing Roku channels, Apple TV, Fire TV, television programming, IT solutions, Json files, etc... We're looking to learn from you. If you're willing to be a part of growing team we are the company for you. Tons of opportunity for advancement in the future.
Establish systems, standards, controls, and processes for the channels. Make sure channels operate properly around the clock. Load content onto channels and adhere to program schedule. Get us set up on all available platforms such as roku, fire tv, apple tv, etc… set and establish delivery specs and requirements to air. Assist with channel monetization
We are building an aggressive Streaming OTT team to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business with the primary goal of empowering advertisers through guaranteed premium inventory. Team will develop technical aspects of the company's strategy to ensure alignment with our business goals with effective airtime management and digital operations.
Xavier Media Group has a portfolio of 24-hour networks requiring employees to be flexible and available to work various shifts throughout the day, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays. The network is currently focused on various niches.
Being on our team means ... You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
Position will work closely with traffic department and content providers to ensure proper formats for all materials. We are looking for an experienced and well-organized individual to provide the necessary support to our cable television operation and sales team.
The successful candidate will become the point of reference for outside content providers, internal head of operations, and head of sales, as well as part of the team providing documentation and information to all clients. Looking for someone with Protrack software system experience, or similar advertising and programming software system.
Master Control Duties include On-Air Quality Control, Live Event Board Operations, Satellite Recording, Dubbing and Trimming Programs for Air and other duties as assigned.
The goal is to facilitate the team's activities so as to maximize their performance and the solid and long-lasting development of the company.
• Ensure and maintain processes
• Coordinate processes with sales and operations department
• Monitor the team's progress, identify shortcomings and propose improvements
• Operate all master control room equipment associated with a typical distribution environment
• Monitor and maintain the quality, continuity and availability of multiple networks and distribution channels in a live and non-live environment
• Work with broadcast systems incorporating logs/playlists to manage content playout Ensure continuity of on-air schedules in a dynamic environment
• Monitor programming schedules and associated databases for air
• Capture and encoding of content related to on-air schedules
• Assists media operations group in the recording and storage of content feeds
• Manages deployment and retrieval of playlists and as-run files
• Integrates live and previously recorded program content
• Monitors video/audio quality and signal availability using waveform monitors, meters and other test and monitoring equipment
• Maintains program and break continuity
• Operate on-air branding and news and ticker systems
• Broadcast operations including setting up, controlling and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience
• On-air switching, dubbing and transferring programs
• Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use
• Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts)
• Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments
• Oversees maintenance of broadcast systems and live productions enterprise wide and advanced A/V systems in the Executive Administration area.
• Provides engineering support
• Assists the manager in the design and upgrades of all major A/V and Broadcast systems across the enterprise.
• Supervises freelance personnel during studio and remote television productions offering training and assistance with equipment and systems.
• Creates and maintains appropriate databases and documentation of equipment, systems. Other duties as assigned.
• Comprehensive familiarity with traffic log functions
• Possess strong computer skills and be fluent in database management, word processing, spreadsheet applications, and managing documents
• Experience with Myers/ProTrack software a plus
• Good computer skills (MS Office)
• Proficiency in English
• Well-organized and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A team player with high level of dedication
• Computer and Multi-tasking skills are a must. The following are also required.
• Ideally applicant has some experience with Myers Protrack or Wide Orbit, as well as Nversion system.
Ability to work under pressure
Proficient with computers and MS office software
Understanding of Dalet newsroom tools and automation applications
Education & Experience:
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in broadcast television, cable programmer or network desirable
Experience in a live broadcast environment desirable
SBE certification desirable
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, technology, video design or related field with TV Broadcast background required; an additional five years experience, relevant training and certifications may be used in lieu of the degree requirement.
Pay: $35,108.00 - $58,508.00 per year
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online